The balance sheet of the Euro 2020 final chaos at Wembley will be published on Friday by the Football Association.
Uly’s clash between England and Italy was marred by chaotic and ugly scenes before, during and after the showpiece, with a number of ticketless supporters forcing their way in.
The FA have already been sanctioned by UEFA for the mess and are due to play their next UEFA home competition game behind closed doors, with another match suspended.
It will probably be a Nations League game next June.
The FA have commissioned Baroness Casey of Blackstock to carry out an independent review into what happened, and her findings are expected to be published on the governing body’s website on Friday morning.
The objective of the review was to understand what had happened on the day of the final – July 11 – and to learn from it to avoid any repetition.
The review focused on incidents in and around the stadium, as well as events and decisions taken before and during the match.
It reviewed the planning and preparation of the FA and its delivery partners to identify “problems and gaps”, and assessed the adequacy of the response to events inside and outside the stadium.
Security features were reviewed to identify weaknesses and recommend changes.
As well as the FA, the review had the opportunity to speak to the Metropolitan Police, the Greater London Authority, the Stadium Security Advisory Group, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Social sports and UEFA tournament organisers.
Sports Minister Nigel Huddleston said last month he was confident the disorder had not “put the kibosh” on hopes of hosting the 2030 World Cup.
The UK and Ireland are considering a bid for the centenary event, with a feasibility study underway.
The events of the Euro 2020 final must be recognized for what they were: dangerous chaos and disorder that put fans – and especially disabled fans – in direct dangerTonyTaylor
Disability access charity Level Playing Field also contributed to the review, after people without tickets entered areas of the stadium reserved for disabled spectators.
Tony Taylor, the chairman of LPF, said in a statement to the PA news agency in September: “The events of the Euro 2020 final must be recognized for what they were: dangerous chaos and disorder. which put fans – and especially fans with disabilities – directly at risk.
“We have heard from fans who have been scared and shaken by these events and have questioned their own safety at future tournaments and fixtures.
“We are clear in our view that there must be a comprehensive and detailed review with concrete and meaningful action to prevent a repeat of the appalling scenes we witnessed at Wembley in July. It’s only luck that we’re not talking about serious injury as the end result.
LPF said a disabled supporter said he was ‘hijacked’ by an individual without a ticket posing as a steward in order to enter the stadium.